Location: Atlanta, GA
Dale C. Ray, Jr. has been a trial lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia since graduating with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1982. His previous college studies had focused on Urban Studies and Criminal Justice, and he earned a Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude, from Georgia State University in 1979.
Mr. Ray has over 30 years of experience in personal injury, construction and business litigation, medical negligence and general insurance defense litigation.
Mr. Ray has served as lead counsel in dozens of Georgia jury trials, and brings to the courtroom broad experience in all manner of civil litigation, representing individuals, insurance companies and other businesses.
Mr. Ray lives with his wife and teenage son in Forsyth County, Georgia and has a daughter in college. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Forsyth County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all of Georgia's trial and appellate courts as well as the federal courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the Eleventh Circuit US Court of Appeals.
In his spare time Mr. Ray enjoys working with classic automobiles, playing guitar and watching his children compete as year round and collegiate swimmers.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Medical Negligence
- General Insurance Defense Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Georgia, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1982
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1982
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1982
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Georgia State University
- B.S. - 1979
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Roy B. Sewell Award Recipient
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- "Bad Faith in Insurance Claim Handling in Georgia - An Overview and Update,", Georgia Bar Journal, Volume 9, Number 2, October, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1982 to 1982
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1984 to 1984
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1989 to 1989
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Member